Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Coming through on a promise

So, first, let me be clear: I think we need a change at the top of the CRNC. You know that much by now. However, I have promised no bullshit, and so it is in that spirit that I must commend the efforts of the CRNC's field program this fall, so far as to say that it deserves mentioning that staffers are sacrificing to put the 49 reps on payroll currently out into the field. Although I am not sure of the verity of this, I have heard that Chairman Gourley has not taken a salary over the past few months, and if this is true, he deserves to be applauded for his sacrifice. I may not agree with a lot of his policies, but I will stand to recognize this sacrifice for the greater good this fall. Don't e-mail me or comment on the individual reps and their effectiveness; the facts are that they are in field and attempting to carry out the field plans given them. Hats off to you, Mr. Chairman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! These staffers are sacrificing pay and being sent out all over the country to help their reps and other states. Hats off, indeed!

Cut the Crap said...

Just wanted to keep my word. Even if I don't agree with them on everything, taking pay cuts deserves to be praised. There are too many of us in the Opposition that see this as some sort of Star Wars conflict where Gourley and his folks can do no right. I would hope that whoever runs for the next CRNC elections takes this to heart.