Sunday, November 05, 2006

Busy Weekend

The Buckeyes got a scare yesterday, which I didn't actually find out about until much later in the evening due to being out knocking on doors and making phone calls for the election. My picks went 8-4 yesterday in the NCAA; we will see how today's NFL schedule turns out. I wanted to pick Maryland for the upset at Clemson after watching them play Florida State last week and taking into account the shellacking that Virginia Tech put on the Tigers, but I just couldn't do it. Missouri burned me for a second week in a row, which means I will probably stay away from them next week, but I think that they are a young team who will just get better. LSU came back on the Volunteers, which doesn't surprise me too much, but I had to pick someone in that game. And South Carolina choked in the first half for the second week in a row at home; again the second burn in a row for me. Come on Syvelle Newton! Anyhow, I will try to throw something on later in the day (read: after 11 PM), but it is just too busy to seriously comment on anything right now. Look for predictions on the election here in Ohio coming possibly tonight or tomorrow, and election wrapup on Wednesday. I will be addressing several pressing local and College Republican issues after Tuesday as well, and I may be getting back to column-writing soon.

No comments: