Friday, November 17, 2006

CRNC Race Update

Just a quick update on the candidate field for CRNC Chairman, because a few things of note have happened in the past couple of days. First and foremost, everyone knows that Charlie Smith has been trying to woo supporters since at least mid-summer (more like late spring, but hey, who's counting?). I am not going to name names, but he has had in-depth conversations with several key State Fed. Chairmen, and some have even made the journey to the heart of the Rockies to hash things over with Chairman Charlie. Last night, there was a conference call held for state chairmen and supporters, in an attempt to get everyone else on board with Team Charlie, which was at least the second call. Next month, when the CRNC Board Meeting is held in Denver, all focus will be on Smith and the bash that Colorado CRs are hosting (which serve serve as a platform for a campaign kickoff).
There was also an anonymous post on a blog yesterday of a supposed "Opposition" ticket, but given that it was a blog, and I have heard much differently, I highly doubt the validity here. For your information, here is the alleged ticket:
Chairman-Brent Ludeman
Co-Chairman-Lindsay Moffett
1st Vice-Nick Miccarelli
2nd Vice-Mike Miltenberger
Right. I would(n't) consider voting for that ticket. Anyhow, from what I hear, this is completely ridiculous, and it was probably just a Washington CR promoting his state chair (not that I fault him completely, because I do mention my chair, Brian Siler, quite often. But, yeah, I do not believe that one for a second.
Finally in the potential candidates realm, there is supposedly another candidate not named John Donnelly entering the race soon, and I will go ahead and break this one before it happens. Nevada's George Higgins has been trying to raise his (and Nevada's) profile for the better part of the summer and fall, so do not be surprised when you hear talk of his candidacy very soon. Now there is a very small possibility that this may not hatch, but from where I am at, I hear lots about his unhappiness with the current options. So, says Higgins, why not me? I honestly do not know too much about Nevada CRs, or Higgins personally, so I cannot comment further. Just don't be alarmed when you hear it.
Before I go, here are three websites from either state chairman campaigns or caucus campaigns that are conspicuously still live on the Internet:
Dan Carlson (for Michigan Chairman)
Brent Ludeman (for Western Caucus Chairman)
Charlie Smith (for Western Caucus Chairman)

No comments: